Sunday, June 13, 2021

The Olympus has Fallen..

Nights whizzed by, from dusk to dawn..
I was losing the game, from bishop to every pawn..
The pace was so fast, before I could make next move, it was too late..
Black Rook to a1 - and I was checkmate..
Life seems unfair at times, sometimes every day..
It seemed like my moves did not go my way..
I felt like that queen who had failed to save her king..
As I look down; to hear the timer ding..
I have been at this situation once before and still played the game fair and square..
Words are all but I can share..
Emotions run high, the loss is all I can mourn..
As life walks away with the chessboard, leaving me forlorn..
Life took away the most precious person, Dad, who I had callen..
I wonder how I will face life again, now that my Olympus has fallen..
I hope I get an opportunity to do for him what he has done for me..
I owe it to him, one lifetime ain't enough, is all see..
😔🙏🏽😭😭😭

No comments:

Post a Comment